Sunday, May 31, 2009

Busy Bee

I haven't had a whole lot of time to blog lately. I've been busy this week preparing for my interview and tour at Paul Mitchell. Our freshman year, Veronica and I vowed we would go to school there together after high school and move to Costa Mesa. Well, I finished high school early in October so I was just waiting for Veronica and graduation is nearing. After these few years, we still want to go through with our plans, so I applied and set up my interview with them.

It was on Wednesday, so I went with my mother and boy, I fell in love with the school! I have to admit, I was pretty nervous at first, but as soon as the admissions leader greeted me with a huge smile, I instantly felt comfortable. We talked over things and she told me she was glad I didn't look like everyone else and that I had great personal style. That, of course, was a huge compliment to me. She explained the method the school uses to teach the students and it really seems like something I can do. For example, students are absolutely not allowed to write notes in black or blue pen...It's strictly colored markers and colored pencils! That made me really happy, seeing as how I love colors. We talked some more and got me even more hooked. She then gave me a tour of the school and I met some of the instructors. They were so cool! They told me I would never get bored because there is always something going on and I'd make friends easily.
I'm extremely excited to start school in the Fall. I've been wanting to do this since I was eight and now the real world is coming. It's about time, too.
I also need to look for a job as soon as possible. After all, living in Orange County ain't cheap!

2 comments:

cocorosa said...

oh this school does sounds amazing!! I love that you can only write with colored markers!!!

issye margaretha kamal said...

wow . sound a very cool school .
nice blog .
hope we can be friend
*issyeperfecto.blogspot.com