Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Birthday Money, Begone!

Today, Manny and I went to Riverside to run some errands. Our original plans were to go to Electric Chair to buy our tickets to the Kosmic Festival on Saturday, go to JoAnn so I could buy fabric to make pants for Kosmic Fest, go to the college so Manny could buy his books for the fall semester, and take a trip to the mall because he had to return a peacoat to H&M.
Well...I shook up our plans a little. We did go to the college, but then Manny said he probably couldn't afford going to the rave, and if he wasn't gonna go, I surely wasn't. So that automatically crossed out Electric Chair and JoAnn from our list.
Next, we went to the mall. We walked into H&M and got a good look at their clothes for quite some time. I began to gain some inspiration. I wanted to buy everything! But I refrained.
The display windows at Forever 21 looked promising, so in we went. One of the mannequins had on the greatest black tiered tulle skirt and it was at a good length and I just had to have it! I went through their racks, but it was nowhere in sight. I do horrible with speaking to people, so Manny being the great friend that he is, asked one of the sales associates for me. She could not seem to find it either. I gave up *sigh*.
I took a gander at their clothes and found an amazing paint splattered sweatshirt(pictured below) that screamed my name, so of course I bought it. I also bought a white pearl hair band(pictured below) and a silver chained belt that has a tassle-esque thing on one end. I love it, but infortunately I couldn't find a picture of it.
We walked out afterward and we passed by Aldo. I took a double take because they had some great shoes. I made Manny come back and walk in with me. I have been looking for some simple, flat black shoes with a hint of an Oxford shoe and low and behold...I found it! The store didn't have them in my size, but the nice lady said she'd order a pair for me in my size and they'd be shipped to my house for free! I paid for the shoes and felt a sense of happiness. They're supposed to come in 3-6 days. I'm so happy. I love having something to look forward to, especially something like shoes.

Manny and I were starving, so we decided to get something to eat. I remembered I needed a new pair of black pants, so we went to the only place I ever go to for black pants, Hot Topic. Ususally you wouldn't catch me dead there, but I really like their pants. I found these cool ones that are torn at the knees. I thought they added edge and purchased them.
Below are pictures of what I bought. They're not in order, but you get the picture - no pun intended. I also bought some floral printed cycling shorts, a vintage belt, and a teal-blue skirt with black polka-dots from Goodwill, which lack pictures.
I love shopping!












6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love paint splatter shirts. One of my friends actually hand made me one, and I love it so!

Heehee I am so in love with Hot Topic, and with the way I dress these days you wouldn't be able to tell it, but I do. I'll spend time browsing and saying oh I wish I had that...but I doubt I'd wear much of it that often...I just love it lol.

colleen said...

I like the shoe!

chloe said...

ahh great sweatshirt! and I know just the black tulle skirt you're talking about! I was looking at it at my local F21 store, but I was broke & couldn't afford it.

and those shoes are great. I just did the same thing at Aldo today - ordered shoes in the store that weren't in my size. free shipping to your house is really nice :)

p.s. thanks tons for your tips on growing hair out! really, really helpful!

Yuka said...

shopping is the best! i just went shopping today. lol
i love the last shoes!!

Unknown said...

I love that entire outfit! Very cool!

Bev said...

Love that jumperr!!!
And cute hairband!!! Xxx